Mobile Device Recovery
Mobile Phone and Tablet Data Recovery Services
Has your phone or tablet stopped working? Don’t panic, we can help!
Our company was founded for one reason, to help people. We are the world leader in mobile phone data recovery, and the best in Australia at what we do. Data recovery is all we do, all day, every day and we would be delighted to get your lost data back for you.
First things first, please power off the phone and do not use it any longer to prevent further damage and to provide us with the best chance of getting your data back for you.
We specialise in recovering data from damaged or faulty Apple iPhone, iPad and Android devices, including Samsung Galaxy.
The main differences between what we do compared with cheaper phone repair shops are:
Your data is our focus, which means we do everything to ensure no data loss.
We get phone calls very often from people who told a phone repair shop they wanted their phone repaired mainly because they want their photos back. But the phone repair shop fixes the phone, and loses all data. We always focus on getting your important data back in a safe and professional way. Some phone repair shops may repair your phone, but you may lose all your data permanently (even if you told them very clearly you want your data back and you do not have any backup)
We don’t give up! We put in a massive amount of time and effort.
Most phone repair shops may do some very basic level repairs, such as changing the battery or screen, but we are highly skilled and equipped with the latest technology available. If a job is too hard, phone repair shops will give up and tell you it’s impossible. We won’t! We’ll treat it like it was our phone and put in an extreme level of effort and time. We won’t stop until we get your photos, videos and other files back.
How much does it cost?
We offer 3 options depending how fast you need your data back.
About our special case lab:
If conventional data recovery methods and attempts fail, we don’t give up! We love nothing more than making a “Mission Impossible” task possible. Instead of deeming any case unrecoverable, we will offer a custom Special Case quote. This may cost $2500 to $10,000 and may take several weeks or months even. We have a track record of finding custom solutions to recover data that many other professionals said was impossible. We try harder, put in more time, effort and hard work to help you get your important files back.
Note: All prices quoted are in Australian Dollars and include GST.
Can you help with my problem?
Yes, if your phone suddenly stopped working or has suffered some accidental damage of any kind, there is a very good chance we can. We can recover all data from in more than 95% of cases including:
- Liquid damage (toilet, drinks, swimming pool, salt water, washing machine..etc).
- Will not power on
- Unable to charge
- Cracked/smashed screen
- Physical damage
- Broken connector
- Corrupted operating system
- No longer working after a software update/failed update.
- Apple devices that show a cable and iTunes logo.
- Corrupt iTunes backup (We can extract the contents for you)
- iTunes backup file asking for a password (Encrypted) – We can extract the contents for you without the password.
- Extracting an encrypted iTunes backup file
- PIN/Passcode removal on some models of phones. Proof of ownership must be provided, we will only do this for the real owner of the phone.
Note: In some cases no data can be recovered. If this is the case we will inform you of the reason as best we can and may offer you our Special case lab option to do research for a custom-made solution. We hate to give up!
What can’t be recovered?
- Deleted Photos/Videos from any new model Apple iPhone or iPad.
- A factory reset/restored new model iPhone.
- A disabled iPhone or iPad – for most modern iPhone/iPads.
- Factory reset or deleted data from new model mobile phones due to data encryption or secure data erasing technology.
If your phone is disabled, you have deleted information or reset the phone – please give us a call or click on the live chat button on the bottom right of this page to give us more details before completing the Submit a job form. If we know we can’t help you, we’ll try to let you know right away.
How long will this take?
This will depend on what the problem is and how the device responds to any temporary repairs or chip-off procedure if required.
On average our Economy service jobs take 2-3 weeks, Priority takes 1 week and Emergency can be done in as little as 24 hours. There are many variables, but this typical estimate.
Why choose us?
We are your best chance of getting your data back successfully and in good condition. You are much more likely than a phone repair shop to get your important files back because we know what to do, how to do it and will always do it in a safe and professional way.
- We will try harder than anybody else and will not give up when faced with a difficult problem.
- We provide services to the Australian Federal Police, State Police and Government law enforcement agencies. When their elite forensic teams can’t do it – we usually can! Note: We do not offer forensic services to the public. Proof of ownership and the PIN/passcode is required.
- Our employees’ job satisfaction comes from helping customers, we come to work every day to help people – all day, every day – we do what others say is impossible. We love it.
- We specialise in complex and time-consuming hands-on electronic repair work to recover data from physically damaged or faulty phones.
- Our data recovery engineers specialise in temporary repairs to your phone required in order to recover the data. This is done with a very powerful professional microscope, soldering iron, a multimeter, spare parts and other world-class tools and training. We also use BGA chip removal/rework tools, Infrared soldering equipment and nano-soldering tools.
- Our labs use state-of-the-art mobile phone data recovery equipment, including the world famous Cellbrite UFED Touch Ultimate as well as the most technologically-advanced ‘mobile device surgery lab’ in the world with a large variety of memory chip readers, chip-off technology, JTAG, custom-made tools, PCB repair tools, microscope and nano-soldering tools.
- The world’s latest data recovery facilities ensure your data will be recovered using only professional and proven methods for the best chance of success without any extra damage.
- Payam Data Recovery has been operating since 1998 and is the oldest, biggest and best data recovery company in Australia.
- 5 Star Google and Facebook Reviews – more online reviews and testimonials than any other data recover company
Will my phone be repaired?
No, Your mobile phone will NOT be repaired/fixed – our goal is only for a temporary repair to recover your data. In fact, in most cases the phone will become damaged and the warranty will be void as a result of the component level repair or chip-off procedures required. We have been told that in general, as soon as component level repairs or modifications are done on any phone by anybody at all, the warranty is void. Please check with the manufacturer regarding their policy regarding warranty.
Important Conditions of service:
- We will not recover data from a device that does NOT belong to you. You will be asked for photo ID and to declare that you are the owner of the device. Any attempt to violate the privacy of any person by attempting to recover data from a phone or tablet that is stolen or not your property will be reported to the police.
- We can only recover your data if you provide us with your PIN or Passcode. Without this, we may not be able to recover any data.
- We may require your Apple ID and Password in cases, we will keep this strictly confidential and you may change your password right after our work is done.
- In most cases that we work on, your phone will be dismantled and we will perform component level work on the PCB. The phone may be destroyed in the process. This will void your warranty as we are performing component level repairs on the electronics.
- Any time estimate we provide you is based on a typical case or average job we see. We may need several months for very difficult cases.
If you would like to deliver your mobile phone to us in person or send it by post/courier, please proceed to complete our online Submit a job form here to get the process started.
You will be asked to select the Economy, Priority or Emergency service and given the option to pay upfront.
Once you complete this form, you will get a PDF file that is a combined ‘Submit a job form’ and tax invoice/receipt to print and include in the box with your phone, an optional address label and your new Job number included.
The next step is to post or deliver your phone to the lab closest to you to get started.
If you are using post/courier, please pack your phone with at least 3-4cm of bubble wrap on all sides of the device to protect it from further damage. Do not send us any cables or power adapters.
If you would like to bring your phone to our office in person, you are welcome to visit us during our business hours of 9am to 5:30pm, Monday to Friday.
Bring it in any time! No appointment is needed. Please call on 1300 444 800 (or +61 2 80766079 for overseas callers) if you have any other questions.
Note: Our head office in Sydney, Australia is our super-lab for mobile device data recovery, your mobile phone will be shipped at no cost via Startrak or FedEx to our Australian head office. We do not generally perform mobile phone data recovery work at all of our labs due to the costly equipment and tools needed.